Custom shopping cart static layout (its not expanding 2 fit)

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Custom shopping cart static layout (its not expanding 2 fit)

Postby jbogs1 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:01 am

Hi- I've created a custom shopping cart template and everything looks fine.... EXCEPT ;\

When I add more then 1 product to the cart the additional item adds on fine (so the cart portion works) but the template is static .... so the content continues down the page and the template doesnt expand to accomodate new line items that I add to my cart.

That means the cart contents appears over the rest of the template and it looks like its broken. (continues down the page and overwrites the template)

So instead of the template expanding to accomdate the new line items it is static and doesnt grow to accomodate the new items in the cart.

You can see what I mean here:

http://www.horsemoms.com/shop-site-questions/ please download the .txt file and open in note pad to see the html.

What I've done short term is added more white space to the template but that is a very short term fix and it wastes lots of screen space.

Can someone have a look and tell me what I need to add to the HTMl to make the template move (grow) to accomodate the new line items I add to my cart?

My 1st quess would be a div tag but I'm not sure where to add it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John
jbogs1

Re: Custom shopping cart static layout (its not expanding 2

Postby Jim » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 am

My guess is that the <div id="Text19LYR" is causing the problem. You have that div set to a height of 850 px and everything in the cart appears to be nested in that div. So everything is going to be forced to stay in that height and not allowed to expand.

Try removing the height:850px; from the line

div#Text19LYR { position:absolute; top:119px; left:11px; width:810px; height:850px; z-index:9 }

and see if that makes a difference./
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jbogs1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:07 am

Hi Jim- Just got back into the office (much needed vaca) and I found your reply...

It worked perfectly.

THANK YOU!

I really appreciate your help.

Have a great day.
John
www.HorseMoms.com
jbogs1

Postby jbogs1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Jim- I spoke to soon...
Once I added pixs to the cart it really forced the hight of the area and it over road the footer at the bottom of the page.

I quess when I did it earlier I didnt add enough line items to see an impact. But by adding the pics its very noticable.

Any other suggestions to make this work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John
jbogs1

Postby Jim » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:50 am

Remove any forced height unless it is specifically needed to display an image.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions