Shopping Cart

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Shopping Cart

Postby dgroff » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:30 am

Once a customer clicks "Checkout" it takes the customer to Checkout - Step 1 of 2 page. That page contains a summary of the order, shipping information and payment information. After that the customer proceeds to "Confirm Order" page. Is it possible though to split Shipping information and Payment information into two separate pages. I want to make teh Shopping Cart process as: Shopping cart, Payment, Shipping Info, Review Order, Confirmation. The issue I see though is at the bottom of each page there are unique Shopsite buttons [-- BUTTON Confirmation --] [-- BUTTON MakeChanges --] [-- BUTTON ReturnToCart --] [-- BUTTON SubmitOrder --] [-- BUTTON Checkout --] [-- BUTTON ContinueShopping --]. If I was to split the Shilpping and Payment into two separate pages I would need different buttons at the bottom like "Back" and "Continue". Would this be possible to do? Or not because shopsite needs those exact buttons at the bottom to collect and process the information correctly? I looked at other websites that use Shopsite and none of them do what I am trying to do. They just have the basic shopping cart, checkout page, confirm order and submit order pages
dgroff

Re: Shopping Cart

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:51 am

There are 4 possible screens (5 if you are using Google checkout) in the ShopSite checkout process.

1. Shopping cart screen where the products for the order are first displayed. This screen also displays tax and shipping options based on the zip/postal code the shopper enters. If the merchant allows more than one payment method, (credit cards, COD, check etc) the method of payment is also selected on this screen.

2. Checkout screen. This screen shows a summary of the items being ordered, tax and shipping charges, the Billing address and shipping address input fields, and the input fields for the payment method chosen.

3. Confirmation screen (Optional) that displays the order information, billing and shipping addresses and payment information entered on previous screens. This screen has no input fields and is just a final check before the shopper finishes submitting the order.

4. Thank you screen. This screen displays the order information from the order just placed and a Thank you message to he shopper.

Other than he Confirmation screen, which is optional and does not need to be included, there is no way to change the flow of the order during the checkout process. It also cannot be broken up into additional steps.

NOTE: Some payment methods, Worldpay, Some PayPal methods and a few other credit card processing methods take the shopper to the payment gateway site and do not display the ShopSite Checkout, Confirmation and Thank You screens since all payment information is done on the payment gateway page. The store will receive notification that the order was processed by the gateway but the shopper finishes up on the Gateway page.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions