Changing password error. Any thoughts on a solution?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Changing password error. Any thoughts on a solution?

Postby travelmunky » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 pm

I do my hosting with FatCow, which uses ShopSite v. 10. For a few days now I have been trying to change my ShopSite password - to no avail. I *know* I am typing it correctly because I log into the SSL management prompt with the correct credentials, but - when trying to change the password - the system tells me "Error! The old passwords didn't match!"

This is wholly innacurate. I am certain that I am typing in the current password properly. FatCow support has not been able to help me so far.

Can anyone share insights on how to resolve this?

Thanks!
travelmunky

Re: Changing password error. Any thoughts on a solution?

Postby Jim » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:28 am

If the password was ever changed outside of ShopSite then the encryption version won't match how ShopSite encrypts it. So you will get this message. Also some hosts have a single sign-on method that totally bypasses the ShopSite login method, in which case changing the password in ShopSite won't work. I don't know which would be the case with FatCow so you will need to contact their support and find if they use a single sign-on or if the password was reset for your store outside of ShopSite. If they have any questions about this you can have them contact ShopSite's support staff for assistance.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Changing password error. Any thoughts on a solution?

Postby travelmunky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:52 am

Hi, Jim -

Thanks for the feedback. FatCow does not have a single sign-on process (there is a prompt for me to log into my store management area). For reference, I am also using a dedicated SSL associated with my online store.

The last time I changed the password was from within the ShopSite system by going to Utilities > Change Password.

Given this background, what do you suggest is the best method to reset and/or change my password?

Thanks in advance for your insights.
travelmunky

Return to Custom Template Questions