More info page

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

More info page

Postby queenofangels » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 pm

My web: www.queenofangelsjax.com
I built this site with versoin 11 and used the Congruence Theme. If possible, I would like to diplay more than one image and text on the more-info pages of some of my products. I made only basic changes to the congruence more-info template and I thought perhaps the extra more-info fileds might do the trick. But it appears not, or I just don't quite understand the instructions on how to set up those fields, which is more likly. Anyone have examples or ideas of how this might be accomplished, if it's at all possible to have more than one image on the more-info pages? :? :?
queenofangels

Re: More info page

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Check out the template tips on http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/main-tips.shtml
especially #11 Multiple Product Images and Thumbnails.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby queenofangels » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks Jim,
Still no success. This is the code in the Congruence template: <tr>
[-- IF PRODUCT.ImageAlignment "left" --]
[-- IF PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic --]
<td align="[-- PRODUCT.ImageAlignment --]">[-- MoreInfoImageRow --]</td>
[-- END_IF --]
[-- END_IF --]
[-- IF PRODUCT.ImageAlignment "center" --]
</tr>
<tr>
[-- END_IF --]
[-- END_IF --]
<td align="left" width="100%">
<span class="ProductDescription">[-- PRODUCT.MoreInformationText --]</span>
[-- IF WishList --][-- WishList --][-- END_IF --]
</td>
[-- IF PRODUCT.ImageAlignment "right" --]
[-- END_IF --]
[-- END_IF --]
</tr>
<tr>
It appears there should be three products displayed. Unfortunately , only one is.
These are the settings in my test product:

Extra More Info Image Fields
Extra fields for use with Custom Templates. (Extra Field Setup)

Gold Filled: Enter the image URL or directory path, or click Select to select an image.
(More Information Image 1)crosses/0014LGF_18GF.jpg

14 carat gold: Enter the image URL or directory path, or click Select to select an image.
(More Information Image 2)crosses/0014LKT.jpg

More Info Extra Image Size: Original
one thing cought my attention; in the template, it's checking for postioning. I know i'm missing something in trying to connect three products to this info page but i'm at a loss as to what it is. Any further ideas?? :) :)
queenofangels

Postby Jim » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:47 pm

A more info page is for a specific product you cannot connect 3 products to it. You can however assign subproducts to a product and then display those on the moreinfo page. The code you posted does not display three images it just determines the position, Left, Right, Center where the moreinfo image will be displayed. And if there are extra moreinfo images they will also be displayed because of this section of code [-- PRODUCT.ImageAlignment --]">[-- MoreInfoImageRow --].

From your comments I can't tell if you want 3 images or 3 products displayed on the moreinfo page so here is some clarification on both.

To assign subproducts go to Products > select the product you want > click Assign Subproducts and pick the products you want displayed with the main product. That will make those products subproducts and will make it possible to display them on the main products moreinfo page. To do that if you are using a custom template you will need to configure the [-- DEFINE SUBPRODUCTS --] section of the product template with the layout you want the products to have. Then you need to modify the [-- DEFINE MORE_INFO_PAGE --] section and include the loop code that displays the subproducts.

Code: Select all
[-- IF PRODUCT.SubProduct --]
   [-- LOOP SUBPRODUCTS --]
        [-- SUBPRODUCTS --]
   [-- END_LOOP SUBPRODUCTS --]
[-- END_IF --]

You can do more fancy layout but that is essentially how you would display related products . There is also the Cross-sell feature that would work similarly.

If you are just trying to display multiple images for your product on the more info page you would do these steps. In the product, assign additional moreinfo images and configure the size that you want the images to be. There are also settings on the Preferences > More Info Pages to set how many images display in a row and the size of a larger image that displayes if the shopper clicks on one of the small images. Then in the define more info page section of the product template where you have the tag [-- PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic --] replace it with [-- MoreInfoImageRow --]. That will add additional code to display not only the product's more info graphic but also all the additional moreinfo images as thumbnails. It will also add javascript to switch the main image with a larger version of the thumbnais when a person moves the cursor over one of the small images.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby queenofangels » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:28 am

Thanks Jim,
Yes, I'm after three products on that page. I'll get started on your suggestions right away. Let you know the results as soon as I know. :D :D
queenofangels

Postby queenofangels » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:24 am

Hi Jim,
Sorry for the delayed response. I had no luck with your suggestions. I have basically abandoned this idea for the time being. My understanding of how shopsite does things and my HTML/CSS still need to be better. For now, I'm moving on and will address this issue at some other time when I have time to experiment. Thanks for your help!! :D :D
queenofangels

Return to Custom Template Questions