One product with multiple images/options

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

One product with multiple images/options

Postby smart moto » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:36 am

I'm trying to format a product page that allows for one product that has multiple color/graphic options and show an image for each of those options. In my case, I'm selling motorcycle helmets an the price varies for solid, metallic, or graphic pattern. I would prefer not to have to make multiple sub-products because it will be time consuming for me, and confusing for the shopper. Any help or suggestion welcomed - I'm new to Shop Site and trying to dial in how to structure my site. Thanks
smart moto

Re: One product with multiple images/options

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 am

This is a feature available in ShopSite Pro version 10 sp2 and later (v11, v11 sp1) called Advanced Ordering Options. You can add a product, setup ordering options (pull down menus) for that product. Enable the advanced ordering options, and specify changes such as price, weight, and image changes that will take effect when the customer selects the option from the pull down menu. A video on how to set up ordering options/advanced ordering options can be found at the following URL:
http://www.shopsite.com/tutorial/products-orderingoptions.htm
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby smart moto » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:35 am

Thank you Lauren. I've been struggling to make this and other issues work in ShopSite Manager, while it looks like the solution is upgrading. Do you know whether I can retain all of my settings and preferences when I upgrade, or is that host-dependent?
smart moto

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:21 am

All settings are maintained when you upgrade either between ShopSite product levels (Manager to Pro) or ShopSite versions (10 to 11). You will just have more options available to you in the Pro level than you do in the Manager level.

Upgrading from Manager to Pro just requires replacing the authorization file in the data directory. (NOTE: the new authorization file _must_ have the same storeid and serial number as the old one or all encrypted data will not be decipherable. So when you request the new authorization file make sure you mention that.)
Jim
Site Admin

Postby smart moto » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:07 am

Thanks Jim. My host is running Shop SIte v10 r7.4 - should I assume that's SP2 or newer? I want to use the multiple-option feature Lauren detailed in this thread, and don't want to upgrade unless I can use that feature.
smart moto

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:34 am

No, 10 r7.4 is older than 10 sp2. The version numbers format is number for major version, sp for a service pack and r for patches. The 10 r7.4 would be the original release of ShopSite 10 with 7 sets of patches, Since then there have been 4 major releases 10sp1, 10sp2, 11, 11sp1 and some of those have had multiple patches to fix various issues.

You would need to talk to your host to see if they will upgrade you to a newer version. They have access to ShopSite 11 sp1 but I don't know if they are upgrading stores to the newer version or not.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions