Mobile index

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Mobile index

Postby insignia » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:34 am

What could be a solution to have the index page also forward to a mobile version. Also is there another way or a solution to have the webpage forward to the mobile version without loading the actual whole page? If anyone has any insights, it's greatly appreciated to help with different ideas.
insignia

Re: Mobile index

Postby insignia » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:00 am

What I ended up doing was taking the same template that will be used when the mobile is in use and added if and else statements for the page.filename. If the page.filename is index.html it displays so and so layout else whatever it's supposed to. I also did this to other pages that I wanted to view in mobile too, like contact us or policy page.
insignia

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:07 pm

What version of ShopSite are you using? ShopSite 11sp1 has built in mobile templates that automatically detect if it is being view from a mobile device and then loads the mobile version of the page using a different template.

All of the templates for ShopSite 11sp1 or 11sp1r1 have tags in them for switching to or from mobile. So look at those templates to see how it can be done.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby insignia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:05 am

I'm using the SSpro 11 sp1. I've implemented the mobile templates and tags but there just wasn't one for the homepage, but I found the solution and it worked out great. Thanks again
insignia

Postby merit » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:35 am

I have turned on the mobile configuration and assigned mobile default templates, but dont know why, this mobile templates are not showing when testing in any mobile simulator. My home page is not a shopsite page, but all the rest of the pages are shopsite pages. But while we are viewing product, search etc nothing is showing as per mobile template assigned in simulator. Please suggest anyone.
merit

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Have you tried it in an actual mobile device? The ShopSite (11sp2 r1)default mobile templates were tried on a number of mobile devices including Apple and Android and they worked in all of them. At the office I have a mobile simulator (don't remember the name) and it displays the ShopSite provide mobile templates as they should be.
Post a link and I'll try it on my android phone.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions