Product Links in Cart with Multi-Product Add to Cart Button

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Product Links in Cart with Multi-Product Add to Cart Button

Postby link3333 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm using the Multi-Product Add to Cart button, and I have few questions.

How can I specify the link that each product will have in the cart page?
How can I specify the link that the page goes to after the "empty cart" or "continue shopping" button has been clicked?

By not doing anything special, I'm able to have each product link, the "empty cart" button, and the "continue shopping" button go back to the page where the Multi-Product Add to Cart button was clicked. The button is on a page a bit separate from the main store page, and each product has their individual pages. I would like for the links on the products in the user's cart to go back to each individual product page instead of the page with the Multi-Product Add to Cart button. The "continue shopping" and "empty cart" buttons would be nice to link back to our main store page.

I tried specifying prevlocation and redirect with the form for the button, but all product links went back to the page with the Multi-Product Add to Cart button, and it failed to redirect properly when the "empty cart" or "continue shopping" buttons were clicked. It goes to a page with "The link has moved here." with a link back to the order.cgi page without any url variables set. Clicking that link shows an "Error in Form!" error with no storeid specified.

Thank you.
link3333

Re: Product Links in Cart with Multi-Product Add to Cart But

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm

For the empty cart and continue shopping buttons, the only options are to link to a specific page (such as the home page) or link to the page the customer was previously on. There isn't an option to dynamically control where the empty cart and continue shopping buttons go.

For the product name link, the only option is to link to the page the product was ordered from. If the customer ordered from the multi-add-to-cart page, then the product link will return the customer to that page.

The only option that might be available (I haven't tested this), would be to hard code the product link (entire a href) in the product name, and turn off ShopSite creating the product name link in the cart. In theory, ShopSite should pass the entire product name, including your hard coded link, to the cart to display to the customer. The main thing that you would need to be aware of is the product name on your store pages, such as on your multi-add-to-cart page. You will want to use a different field for displaying the product name. Or possibly you may not, because in the multi-add-to-cart template, customers would be able to click on the specific products to go to their more information pages.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to Custom Template Questions