IS Shopsite compatible with HTML5?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

IS Shopsite compatible with HTML5?

Postby nwyrktodd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm

I don't think it's working so well. Please see my page http://von-nyc.com/store/index.html . Shopsite doesn't even recognize the main content area. I think its in a liquid layout and not fixed. I'm so upset....
nwyrktodd

Re: IS Shopsite compatible with HTML5?

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes, ShopSite does work with HTML5; I have created many templates with HTML5 for ShopSite. I took a look at your page and it looks like there are a few quick fixes that can be made. The main one is your CSS file. I see that you are using the ShopSite publish file section for the CSS. This works exactly the way that you are using it, with one exception, in ShopSite, you can create comments in the template that do not get published by starting a line with a pound sign. The issue that arises with this is that in CSS, if you have a line that has a pound sign as the first thing (such as a CSS ID), then ShopSite comments out that line. To fix this, go to Merchandising > Custom Templates > Includes > Edit Publish, and any line that starts with a pound (such as #header {}) you will want to add a space in front of the pound sign. Then go to Utilities > Publish > Regenerate.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Re: IS Shopsite compatible with HTML5?

Postby nwyrktodd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 am

thanks so much. that did the trick. I'm sure I will have more questions soon.
nwyrktodd

Return to Custom Template Questions