More Info Page

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

More Info Page

Postby nwyrktodd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Hello I uploaded two templates, one for the regular page, and another for the more info page. I get the products to list on the regular page, but there are no links to the more info page. How do I get the product to link to a more info page? I added the code from the cookbook to both templates.
See: http://von-nyc.com/store/collections.html
nwyrktodd

Re: More Info Page

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 pm

The first product on that page links to the more information page. My guess is that the tags are in the template, but that you just need to enable the more information pages. For each product you can go to Products > Edit Product Info, and in the "More Info Page" section you can check the checkbox to create a more information page for that product. That will make the product name and image a link to the more information page.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby nwyrktodd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:22 pm

sure that worked, but now the extra images aren't displaying correctly. I see the fields for 5 more images, but the ones I enter do not display.
nwyrktodd

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:32 pm

I am not sure that the Quick & Easy Template Tutorial (if that is what you used to create the templates) has been updated with the new more information graphic tags. Find in your product template within the DEFINE MORE_INFO section where you have something akin to [-- IF PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic --][-- PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic --][-- END_IF --] and replace the [-- PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic --] with [-- MoreInfoImageRow --]. So the resulting code will be something like [-- IF PRODUCT.MoreInformationGraphic --][-- MoreInfoImageRow --][-- END_IF --]
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby nwyrktodd » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:25 am

I made that change. It added the new images, but I don't like the positioning. I would like more space between the extra images and the large image on the page. I would also like to allow the image to be full-size and eliminate the scroll bar. How can I do that?
nwyrktodd

Postby Jim » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:05 am

Change the setting for the Image box size for the image on Preferences > More Info Pages
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions