Download, Host Locally and Develop a custom theme

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Download, Host Locally and Develop a custom theme

Postby Kapitol » Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 pm

I am a Wordpress theme developer and I have a client which is using ShopSite. I need to download a copy of this store so I can develop a custom theme for it.

I can not seem to find a copy of it to download on the shopsite website. Am I missing something obvious here?
Kapitol

Re: Download, Host Locally and Develop a custom theme

Postby Jim » Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 am

Are you talking about the templates for the store? Those can be accessed from the merchant interface (backoffice) under Merchandising > Custom Templates then select the type of template and if you need to get a copy of one of the ShopSite templates use the Copy Shopsite button to locate the file and make a copy in the merchants area. Your client should be able to give you the login info for their store.

If you are talking about the ShopSite program itself there is no way you can just copy it to another server. You can get a demo store at shopsite.com/demo.html which you can use for development. The default demo is for about a week but you can request extensions if needed.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Download, Host Locally and Develop a custom theme

Postby Kapitol » Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

Jim wrote:Are you talking about the templates for the store? Those can be accessed from the merchant interface (backoffice) under Merchandising > Custom Templates then select the type of template and if you need to get a copy of one of the ShopSite templates use the Copy Shopsite button to locate the file and make a copy in the merchants area. Your client should be able to give you the login info for their store.

If you are talking about the ShopSite program itself there is no way you can just copy it to another server. You can get a demo store at shopsite.com/demo.html which you can use for development. The default demo is for about a week but you can request extensions if needed.

Interesting way to do it. Thanks for the heads up. I'm so used to downloading a copy and developing on my own computer with other things like Wordpress, Opencart, Magento and etc I just expected ShopSite to work the same way. I'll check out that demo.
Kapitol

Return to Custom Template Questions