Assign Product to Pages not working with update, SP2, SS10

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Assign Product to Pages not working with update, SP2, SS10

Postby Kapitol » Tue May 29, 2012 10:24 am

I requested the host of my store upgrade to the latest version of Shopsite 10 last week and he did it this morning. The newer UI looks so much better and having the extra tools is great.
One big issue has come up and I need to email him to explain what is going on. I know he is a busy guy so I want to cut down on the amount of time he has to invest into searching for the problem.

Assign Product to Pages: is not working. Before the update the page which would open would do so w/o issue. Now since the update when clicking on select instead of opening that page it just goes directly to Search for Products.

I read that one possible issue is that javascript files pertaining to the new update may have not gotten moved to the correct sub directory which might be breaking the link. Other than that I don't know what else to suggest. I am hoping that someone else who has experienced this could speak up and give me suggestions.

Thanks.
Kapitol

Re: Assign Product to Pages not working with update, SP2, SS

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Tue May 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Where are your hosting your website? The current version of ShopSite is version 11sp2, so if you are with a host who offers the latest version, I would suggest that you upgrade yet again to gain access to even more additional features such as Product Reviews, Pinterest, Real-time Inventory Display, Additional Global Navigation, etc (depending on if you have Starter Manager or Pro).

I'm not sure about the JavaScript issue you mentioned specifically, but I know that in newer versions of ShopSite the JavaScript and/or CSS files have changed, so you would need to make sure your browser is using the current versions. Try refreshing your browser to see if that makes a difference. I would also suggest try using a different browser and see if that has any affect.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to Custom Template Questions