Remove HTML from VAR.linkname

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Remove HTML from VAR.linkname

Postby gerryleblanc » Thu May 31, 2012 12:58 pm

Hello there Shopsite Fans!

I am trying to remove some HTML from the breadcrumb links on the more info page in the Burst Theme.
For other reasons, I have introduced a <br> into the link name for various pages... but that makes the breadcrumb links break on to two lines (which is undesirable in that location, but wanted in another).

I was hoping to use the REMOVE_HTML command in the [-- VAR.linkname --] that is creating the link text for the breadcrumb trail... but when I put that in there, it removed everything so I just have an HREF wrapped around nothing.

Is this because the .linkname is coming from a VAR that it does not work?
I tried using the REMOVE_HTML command in the Flex-Build-VARs.sst but that threw errors.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!
Gerry
gerryleblanc

Re: Remove HTML from VAR.linkname

Postby Jim » Thu May 31, 2012 9:23 pm

I don't think the remove html will work or VAR values. Try using the actual tag for the link name [-- PAGE.linkname --] and see if that works. Note that PAGE.xx tags only work on Pages then won't work on product moreinfo pages, shopping cart screen, search screens, registration screens etc, so the VAR is being used to pass the value to a location where the PAGE.linkname can't be used. That is probably why you got errors when you tried to use it in the Flex-Build-VARs.sst template file. Maybe you could create a separate VAR using something like [-- VAR.MYLINK page.linkname remove_html --] and then use that intead of the other VAR. I haven't tried it so don't know if that will work or not but it might be worth a try.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions