Footer display

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Footer display

Postby RRG » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 am

I am using the "standard theme" and I am trying to get my footer to look how it is displayed to the public. This is how the footer is supposed to look

and this is how my footer looks now

I don't think I am as concerned as I was before about getting headings for each footer column, but does anyone know how I can replace 2 of the current link columns with social media icons and maybe a newsletter signup field ? Would I edit the footer.sst? Or would I edit the main template which would be flex-build-11.sst? I know the footer is used as an INCLUDE ...so I am wondering if I should make another .sst file with my custom social media icons and INCLUDE it in flex-build-11.sst or should I just directly edit flex-build-11.sst? All my main files so far are in my /data directory so they are custom and will not be affected by any updates.
RRG

Re: Footer display

Postby Jim » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:54 pm

It really doesn't matter if you put the information in a copy of the ShopSite file or a separate include file as long as you specify in the copy of the ShopSite file the code to include your new file.

Just looking at the 2 images I would say that the first one is using the Navigation feature, specifically the Footer Page Links which is configured under Preferences > Navigation. For this type of navigation you can include a title and sub levels. So there are 4 sections, By Type, Specials, Our Company and Information then each of those has multiple menus. With the Left, Bottom and Right menus you can have 2 levels as are shown. The header menu can have more levels. The help for this feature is found at http://www.shopsite.com/help/11.2/en-US/sc/pro/navigation.html
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Footer display

Postby RRG » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Jim wrote:It really doesn't matter if you put the information in a copy of the ShopSite file or a separate include file as long as you specify in the copy of the ShopSite file the code to include your new file.

Just looking at the 2 images I would say that the first one is using the Navigation feature, specifically the Footer Page Links which is configured under Preferences > Navigation. For this type of navigation you can include a title and sub levels. So there are 4 sections, By Type, Specials, Our Company and Information then each of those has multiple menus. With the Left, Bottom and Right menus you can have 2 levels as are shown. The header menu can have more levels. The help for this feature is found at http://www.shopsite.com/help/11.2/en-US/sc/pro/navigation.html

Gotcha. Thanks. I did not realize there was a parent/child configuration. Now I have to figure out how to prevent the parent name from being affected by active, hover since it's not a link.
RRG

Return to Custom Template Questions