How do I link to the Login/Register page from external page?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

How do I link to the Login/Register page from external page?

Postby juliacreinhart » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:49 am

Hi, my client has a website that combines a wordpress environment with a shoppingcart using shopsite. Now, they want to have a login/register button that allows customers to login as store customers into the shopsite environment on any of their wordpress pages also. I've tried different link options, but can't seem to get it to work, so that people clicking on login from a wordpress page get taken to the customer registration screen for the shopping cart.

How can I find out the proper link to that?

Here's what I currently have:

<a class="register" href="https://swanzshop.com/cgi-bin/sc/registration.cgi?func=2&storeid=*1a4bc44611039d2813e0747fd89b9b">Login/Register</a>
<a class="cart" href="https://swanzshop.com/cgi-bin/sc/registration.cgi?func=2&storeid=*183ce186894fd49e1070b7b34136&fromid=order.cgi&sbid=SSMSB1341081229.8781"><font color="white">&nbsp;</font></a>
juliacreinhart

Re: How do I link to the Login/Register page from external p

Postby Jim » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:02 pm

This would be difficult if not impossible to do. In order to get to the registration screens there has to be a shopping cart already open. If you look at the url you posted, the "sbid=SSMSB1341081229.8781" is specific to that shopping cart, If you put that link on a page then all shoppers would be using the same shopping cart.

Your best bet would be to use the code that is created on regular store pages for the signin/register urls when the tag [-- RegistrationSignIn --] is used in the custom template. The code does different things depending on if the shopper is signed in, has a cookie from a previous signin or doesn't have a cookie so I don't know how that would work for a wordpress page. So no guarantee that it will work but give that a try.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby juliacreinhart » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:58 pm

how would I properly refer to it within an <a href> tag?
juliacreinhart

Postby Jim » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm

You will have to copy and paste the code that is generated by the template tag that I listed. So add that to a page template (or use one of the ShopSite templates that has the link on store pages) and see what is actually generated and paste that into your WordPress site. Note that the code may also rely on javascript and/or css that is included in the ShopSite generated pages so you may need to place that on your page also.

The easiest thing to do would be to put a View cart link on your page and put a message to click the link and then click on the Register or Signin link in the shopping cart that displays.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions