Display Order Quantity Code

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Display Order Quantity Code

Postby Kapitol » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:07 pm

I can't help it but when it comes to development I am a control freak. I need to have an option to control every element on the page.

On the more information pages I want to wrap the word "Quantity" in a <label> tag so I can control how it is displayed. Currently it is just there. In fact I like to change the "Quantity" to Qty:

There is no option in the [-- DEFINE MORE_INFO_PAGE --] for this. As you know there is an option in the [-- DEFINE PRODUCT --] portion of the page.
It's code when I use it looks like this.
Code: Select all
[-- IF PRODUCT.DisplayOrderQuantity checked --]
      <div class="pnba"><label>Qty:</label> <input type="text" size="2" name="[-- PRODUCT.RecordNumber --]:qnty" value="1" ></div>
    [-- END_IF --]

My question is, can you point me to a page in the development Help and Resource Center or lend me a hand and tell how to modify the [-- INCLUDE Product-Price PROCESS --] so I can change some things.
Kapitol

Re: Display Order Quantity Code

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:44 pm

To modify any ShopSite provided template go to Merchandising > Custom Templates then the section where the file would be, in this case since it is in the statement [-- INCLUDE Product-Price PROCESS --] which "includes" a file it will be in the includes section and then either in the Includes or Publish depending if it is html or css or javascrpt. Then Click on the Copy ShopSite ... button, which will bring up a list of the ShopSite files of that type. Select the file you want to modify and give it a new name (probably very similar but not the same as the ShopSite name) and click Copy. That will place a copy of the file in the merchant template area. Now select the file from the list and click the Edit ... button. Make your changes and save changes. Now use the Copy ... button to make a copy of the file and give it the exact same name that the ShopSite template had. That file will now override the ShopSite template. If you find that your change didn't work, you can simply delete your version of the file and the ShopSite one will again be functional.

As for changing the text Quantity to Qty that should be done on Preferences > Store Text > Store pages unless it is something specific like a style. I would even do it for the label by putting <label>[-- store.qty --]</label> if you are wanting it to be changeable from the backoffce of the store instead of having to edit the template.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions