[-- SC_Cart --]

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

[-- SC_Cart --]

Postby malljess » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 am

Jim,

I want to reformat the default template for the shopping cart. I am able to modify the page; however, the actual shopping cart info in the [-- SC_Cart --] I haven't figured out. I see on the example sites you provide, the [-- SC_Cart --] was changed and reformatted.

How do I do it?

thanks
malljess

Re: [-- SC_Cart --]

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm

You can change the look of it with CSS, and you can change the arrangement of the columns by adding the names of each column you would like displayed in the order you want them displayed inside that tag. For example:

[-- SC_CART quantity delete image name sku price total --]

http://www.shopsite.com/templates/examples/cart-04-products.html
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby malljess » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for the response. Where do I access the CSS file for the [-- SC_Cart --] or do I change it in the heading of the shopping cart?

Thank you,

Brad Lindell
malljess

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:53 pm

There isn't a CSS file specific to that tag. What template are you using? If you are using a completely custom template, then the only CSS associated with that tag, is the CSS that you have added in your CSS file. The [-- SC_CART --] tag outputs CSS classes in the table, so you can use those classes in your CSS. If you are using a built in ShopSite template, the CSS file containing the cart classes will depend on that template.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:59 pm

It depends on the template you have assigned what css file will be used, (or if the css is included on the page). So view the html source of the shopping cart and see what .css files are included. In Firefox when viewing the html source you can click on the link to the css file and it will open in the browser window. (After viewing the css file you need to right click on the page and select Back to get back to the original html source)
If you find the file that has the names of the styles that are assigned to the elements displayed by the [-- SC_CART --] tag then that is the file you will need to edit. (Note that frequently there is a separate .css file for each section of the shopping cart template, Shopping cart, Checkout screen, Confirmation Screen, Thank you screen , so you will need to modify all of the css files referenced by those screens also).

If you go to http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates.shtml and click on the theme that you are using you can get a list of the files used by the theme. That might help so you don't have to view all the html and search for the .css files that are used.

You might also be able to define or redefine the classes for the styles by putting them in the "Text at top of xx screen" (where xx is Shopping cart, checkout, confirmation, thank you) on Commerce Setup > Order System .
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions