Where is Search box defined in template?

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Where is Search box defined in template?

Postby FredW » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Hello Folks,

I have been using the standard theme (Flex-Build-11.sst) in a demo store to test building our store and would like to change where and how the search box shows up on each page. However, I have not been able to locate where the search box is defined. Can you point me to the template where it is so I may see if I know enough to change it?

Thanks
FredW
FredW

Re: Where is Search box defined in template?

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:20 pm

It is in the include file Flex-Build-Header.sst.
Here is the exact code being use, which is customized to that template.
Code: Select all

<td id="search_area">
    [-- IF VAR.SearchProductField "checked" --]
       <form action="[-- SHOPPING_CART_URL BASE --]/productsearch.cgi" method="get"[-- IF ANALYTICS_MULTI_DOMAIN --] onSubmit="javascript:__utmLinkPost(this)"[-- END_IF --]><input type="hidden" name="storeid" value="[-- STORE.ID --]">
                      <table id="search_tbl"><tr><td id="search_tbl_input"><input type="text" name="search_field" id="search_field" size="24"></td>
                      <td id="search_tbl_button"><input type="submit" value="[-- STORE.Go --]" class="search_submit"></td></tr></table></form>

It is also possible to output the required form with the template tag [-- SEARCH_FORM --]. The layout of that output may not be as well suited for the particular place where it is located, which is probably why the template designer used the above code.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions