USPS config not working

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

USPS config not working

Postby nwyrktodd » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Hello,
I have an ecommerce shop at http://chargingbull.com/giftshop/store.html . I tried to configure the USPS for shipping, but it is not registering. I did it for another site on shopsite recently. I don't know what is wrong. I phoned to speak with Guy and Lauren in Customer Service but they did not know. Can someone help me out?
Alos, I just got the info from Chase merchant account. Is there anyone to offer me some pointers on setting it up? I am really pressed for time, as I am away on Business in London.
Best,
Todd
nwyrktodd

Re: USPS config not working

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Did you follow the instructions in the documentation here:

http://www.shopsite.com/help/11.2/en-US/sc/pro/usps.reg.overview.html

Note that you can't use your regular USPS shipping account, you have to follow the 'USPS Web Tools Registration' link in the docs to sign up for a USPS Web Tools account. AND once they have sent you the account information, you then have to follow the instructions regarding asking them to enable your account on their production servers. THEN you can use the new USPS account information in ShopSite.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby nwyrktodd » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:03 am

Hi Loren,
I did do all of that same as the last client. The USPS said the account is live and working. For some reason, the shipping rates aren't coming up. Is there anyway to take a look for me? you can email me faster at nwyrktodd at me dot com
Best,
Todd
Edited by JIM you should not include an email address in any forum. Doing so opens you up to spammers who scan forums for email addresses to add to their lists.
nwyrktodd

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:07 am

Did you enable USPS (checkbox) on the Commerce Setup > Shipping screen and save that screen after configuring the settings?
Do you have shipping options configured on the Commerce Setup > Shipping > USPS > Configure screen?
Do the products all have weight defined and as appropriate shipping container sizes?
Do the products perhaps have the "No Shipping Charges:" checkbox marked?
Do you have the USPS config screen set for minimum package size, maximum package size, etc.

What is the url of the store so we can see what the shopping cart looks like when you try to place an order.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby nwyrktodd » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:49 am

my store is http://chargingbull.com/giftshop/store.html

i have configured the store as recommended by shopsite. Would you like my login and pass? something is wrong somewhere.

todd

:?
nwyrktodd

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:33 am

You missed the 3 question in my previous post.
"Do the products all have weight defined and as appropriate shipping container sizes?"
None of the products have the shipping container designated so it is not possible to determine how they will be shipped.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions