Shopsite Themes

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Shopsite Themes

Postby queenofangels » Sat May 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Help! I just changed my entire stores theme. I did a complete restore, but the old theme did not change the new one. I managed to fix everything except my shopping cart and gift certificate. I have custom template for everything made from the original theme. Any way to fix this. :? :? :?
queenofangels

Re: Shopsite Themes

Postby Jim » Sat May 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Did you try going to the config screen for Gift Certificates and Shopping cart and selecting your modified template again.
Merchandising Tools > Gift Certificates > Configure for Gift Certificates
Commerce Setup > Order System > Layout Info for the Shopping cart.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby queenofangels » Sat May 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi Jim,
Yes I did. I originally started my site using the congruence theme. I modified all the templates. I inadvertently caused the awesome blue theme to take over while I was testing Product templates. Everything has been fixed except the gift certificate and shopping cart. they each have part of awesome blue and my code mixed together.
queenofangels

Postby Jim » Sat May 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Did you modify the templates under Merchandising > Custom templates using copies of the ShopSite templates or did you actually modify the ShopSite provided templates? If you just made copies of the ShopSite templates and modified those then the modified templates should still be in the Merchandising Custom templates and you should be able to choose those in the appropriate locations and get most things back.

What is coming from the awesome blue theme now?
Did you try setting the theme back to the congruence theme that you modified your templates from to see if that would work and then choose your templates again?

You could get a demo store ( http://www.shopsite.com/demo.html ) and upload your pages, products and modified templates to it and try different things to see if you can get the layout back to what you want it to be. Once you have done that you can make the same modifications on your live site.

If you can give us a url to the site and let us know what is not correct we might be able to tell what needs to be done to fix it.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby queenofangels » Sat May 04, 2013 7:59 pm

It's me again,
Problem solved. apparently not quite everything is backed up when you back up the databases. all my problems were the layout setting for the shopping cart and the gift certificate as well as some of the template names. things like color, button images, background color and a couple of template names didn't get back up. we are back up and running, and your advice did help. Thanks a lot!! :D :D
queenofangels

Postby Jim » Mon May 06, 2013 10:49 am

The database that is backed up contain pages, product, order, coupons etc. it does not contain any of the text that the merchant configures in the backoffice. It also does not contain buttons settings which are modified when a new theme is selected. It is possible to make a backup of those settings using the Utilities > Export Store functionality but it isn't easy to restore the settings from that method unless you have server level access to your account. I logged an enhancement request to make it easier to backup and restore non-database settings. It will be looked at for a future release but I don't know if or when it might be implemented.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions