A few [more] remedial questions...

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

A few [more] remedial questions...

Postby pcookgeol » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello all,

I've got a couple of remedial questions to ask. I will attempt to organize them in such a way that if the inherent logic of SS shines through, perhaps you, the responder, can simply reference a previous answer...

What is the most appropriate way to upload pages that will not be subject to any templating - I simply want them to display as coded.
Where specifically, within a generic SS file structure should these pages be stored?
How do I access the html for a specific page of my site (i.e. warranty.html, contact.html, etc.)?
How do I force SS to 'refresh' if it doesn't recognize changes?

I realize these questions may generate more questions than answers, initially, but, the answers will almost certainly answer more than four questions of mine, as well!

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give,

-pc :D
-pc
pcookgeol

Re: A few [more] remedial questions...

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm

1. What is the most appropriate way to upload pages that will not be subject to any templating - I simply want them to display as coded.
You can upload any file to the output directory for your store. You can find the directory where that is under Preferences > Hosting Services. Just be sure that you do not give it the same file name as any page that is created in ShopSite.

2. Where specifically, within a generic SS file structure should these pages be stored?
See answer above.

3. How do I access the html for a specific page of my site (i.e. warranty.html, contact.html, etc.)?
If these pages were created in ShopSite then you must not modify the html that is created or the next time the store is published your changes will be lost. ShopSite creates pages using the information you enter in to the Pages > Edit Page Content or Pages > Edit Page Layout and then uses the assigned template to create the html for the page when it is published.

4. How do I force SS to 'refresh' if it doesn't recognize changes?
If you have published your store within ShopSite and you are not seeing the changes in the web browser there are a couple of possible scenarios that can cause this. 1. Your browser has the page cached so you need to force the brower to reload the page. (How you do that depends on the browser but you could try right clicking on the browser window tab and see if there is a reload or refresh option). 2. Perhaps you have changed the page filename in ShopSite and you are looking at the old file name and not the one you changed. 3 If you are uploading html pages with the filename that is the same as the ShopSite created one you will see one or the other but not both, so make sure uploaded html pages have different file names than the ones created in ShopSite.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Custom Template Questions