Add Calendar in Cart for Customer to Select Delivery Date??

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Add Calendar in Cart for Customer to Select Delivery Date??

Postby jmitteco » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Hello,
Running Shopsite Manager.
I have a floral business client, selling retail flowers online. We need to allow the customer to choose a delivery date from a calendar for each item they add to their cart.
I've seen these calendars when I book airline tickets & also on other florist sites.
Any suggestions on how to go about this?
I'm guessing there is some java-script type calendar available. If anyone can save me some time on searching & give me install directions, I'd appreciate it.

Currently, I just have an ADD ON option as a drop down menu for delivery i the cart with dates they can select, such as: MON. FEB. 17 / DELIVERY, TUESDAY. FEB 18 / DELIVERY, ETC...
The problem with this is that I have to delete the past days from each item everyday.
there must be a better way.

Also, as I'm here, is there a way to add a coupon code in Shopsite Manager, for customers to enter & get a discounted price?

Thanks in advance & any help is appreciated.
J.
jmitteco

Re: Add Calendar in Cart for Customer to Select Delivery Dat

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:16 pm

An example of a JavaScript Date Picker can be found here: http://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/tips-datepicker.shtml. You will want to use the "Shopping Cart Screen Option" because you have a Manager store. The date picker use in this example is based on the JavaScript Kit example found here: http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/dyndateselector.shtml.

For your question with coupons, the coupon feature is only available in ShopSite Pro. You would need to upgrade to get this feature. However, some merchants want to offer discounts on products in newsletters, etc. You could create a second/duplicate product in your store for a lower price, and only link to it with the OrderAnywhere feature in a newsletter that you send or (or something along those lines).
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Re: Add Calendar in Cart for Customer to Select Delivery Dat

Postby hammer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Mobile Devices and the new responsive designs require a better date picker

Just wanted to suggest again that it would be great to have an integrated "Date Picker" for Shopsite Pro. With the new responsive designs and more than half of sales now coming from users on mobile devices, a more fully integrated date picker which would be a welcome addition. We sell fresh foods and items where delivery has to be scheduled. We also need the ability as merchants to block out Sundays and Mondays as well as holidays when delivery is not available.

I use a javascript date picker now, and it works "ok" on the desktop. But on mobile devices it is not as intuitive for the user. And it forces the customer to select a date right away. Again, this makes it confusing on mobile devices. Also a fully integrated date picker would make it much easier to black out delivery dates.

So a fully integrated date picker that works more fully on both mobile and desktop would be a timely, and most welcome enhancement.

Been waiting about 10 years for this.
hammer

Return to Enhancement Requests