Different Options for Billing & Shipping Address.

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Different Options for Billing & Shipping Address.

Postby jmitteco » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:12 pm

I've created a store for a client who is in Jamaica & only delivers within Jamaica. Although they accept credit cards from everywhere.
Problem is that we have no Zip Codes in Jamaica.
From my knowledge, in the Shopsite software, I'm forced to have a zip code line in the Delivery/Shipping column.
This means I'm forcing the customer to type "NA" in the Zip Code text field. Most here don't even know what a Zip Code is.
Ideally I'd like to remove the zip code line from the Delivery/Shipping column but keep it in the Billing Info column, for our overseas customers who order.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help on this.
J.
jmitteco

Re: Different Options for Billing & Shipping Address.

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:42 pm

My first thought would be to remove the ZIP code field completely (using javascript) by always populating it to "na". However, if they accept orders from other countries that do have zip codes or postal codes, then they would need that field. So what you could do (its not elegant but it would do the trick), is have JavaScript that checks to see what country is selected. If the billing country (which carries over from the shopping cart screen, if it is on the shopping cart screen) is Jamaica, then pre-populate the zip code field with "na". The downside to this would be if the bill to address was in Jamaica, but the shipping address was in another country where they need the ZIP code or postal code.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Re: Different Options for Billing & Shipping Address.

Postby jmitteco » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks again for the help Lauren.
Kind of disappointed in this answer though. This seems like a flaw in the shopsite software to me.
Is shopsite only for the U.S.? Because internationally, not every country uses zip codes. I don't understand why there can't be separate options for billing & shipping/delivery built into the software??
Right now I'm forced to have a zip code field in my shipping/delivery info column & it makes no sense to have this for a country that does not have zip codes.
This is why I posted the original question in Enhancement Requests.
I've also spoken to Guy in your sales/support directly on the phone about this issue. He's been very helpful. Lots of knowledge that I appreciate.
I still believe this should be a fix in the software & not something we should have to "work-around".
Thanks again.
J.
jmitteco

Return to Enhancement Requests