Separate label setting for shipping phone

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Separate label setting for shipping phone

Postby rexkat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to separate out the Shipping Phone label in Preferences > Store Text > Checkout? Right now both shipping and billing use the same label. We had a customer complain that it was confusing. We use the following label: Phone Number (This is only used to contact you regarding your order). Since shipping and billing both use the same label, it is a bit confusing. We would like the shipping one to say Phone Number (This is only used to contact the recipient regarding shipment issues). I know it's minor, but if one person took the time to let us know about it, I'm sure there have been several others that didn't bother to mention it, but were confused.

Thank you!
rexkat

Re: Separate label setting for shipping phone

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:28 pm

I know this doesn't answer your request exactly but here is a way that you could make the field use a little clearer.
On the Commerce Setup > Order System > Checkout screen is a field "Required Field" . This text is what is displayed by the * at the bottom of the fields indicating that they must have values entered. You could use text like this in the field to add a note that the Billing and Shipping phone numbers are used just for those purposes.
Code: Select all
<font color=blue>*</font>Required Field <br>Note: Billing Phone Number is only used to contact you regarding your order<br>Shipping phone number is only used to contact the recipient regarding shipment issues.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Separate label setting for shipping phone

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:18 pm

What's the URL to your website? Also, if you have the label say "Phone Number (This is only used to contact the recipient regarding shipment issues)" that will cause the format to look a little funny because it will go over multiple lines. Would it be ok if the label was "Phone Number" and there was a line of text below that field in small print that says "(This is only used to contact the recipient regarding shipment issues)"?
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to Enhancement Requests