missing file name in product download

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

missing file name in product download

Postby psldesigns » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:54 pm

When downloading the product database, if the file name for a product wasn't specified so ShopSite created it, the file name field is blank. This is a problem ... I'm trying to create shopping feeds for other networks (besides google) and URL is of course required.

I can get older product URLS that were blank by changing the version to 10 and downloading the record ID and adding product and .html to it to recreate the URL (thanks to Lexiconn for that info). However, no known work around for current versions.

Really need to ability to download this field even if ShopSite is creating its contents.
psldesigns

Re: missing file name in product download

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:31 pm

What version of ShopSite are you using?
in ShopSite 12 sp1 r4.0.1 I created a new product with just name, !!jim is here, and price and checked the box to create a moreinfo page. I then downloaded the products and the product moreinfo file name, -jim-is-here-moreinfo.html, was downloaded.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: missing file name in product download

Postby psldesigns » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Originally I downloaded it in version 12, I just redid it in version 12.1. However, I got the same result. I did "select fields only" and downloaded just the SKU and the file name. I believe all of the products in question (with a blank file name) were created prior to version 12 ... I wonder if that could have something to do with it?
psldesigns

Return to Enhancement Requests