Testing for Abandon Cart Email

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Testing for Abandon Cart Email

Postby lneibauer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:54 am

I would love to see a new feature where you can send a test email for the abandon cart. At the moment you have to set a dummy order and then wait for the email to be sent..... there should be a way to test this feature without having to wait a day
Last edited by lneibauer on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
lneibauer

Re: Testing for Abandon Cart Email

Postby ecomshopsite » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:10 pm

I have just been doing some reading about abandoned cart email Automation “75.3% of the top 500 ecommerce companies using abandoned cart nurturing send recovery emails within an hour of cart abandonment. 50% of those customers who buy from these emails do so within an hour of abandoning their carts. (source) Proving that timing is everything in your email marketing strategy.”

I would like to change the timing of the first email that goes out to 1 hour as part of this shopsite abandoned cart email module
But I have noticed that the “Send abandoned cart emails:” option is in days (1 – 99) and there is no hours option.

I have tried to use a fraction of a day "0.04166666666" so it sends it out in 1 hour - but it did not like the decimal point

Is there any way to change this box to register in hours - rather than days.
You can always just say 24 or 48 if you want to send it in days rather than hours
Lucy Ross – Business Growth Hacker
www.ecommercemarketing.co.nz | www.getmorelocalcustomers.co.nz
ecomshopsite

Return to Enhancement Requests