Review Product Blues

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Review Product Blues

Postby ultra1bob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:42 pm

There is someone who has a passion to put spam product reviews on my website. Captcha doesn't seem to stop him or her.

What I need is a way to delete reviews in bulk. Tonight I must have deleted 200 spam reviews, and have to do it one at a time. It would be nice if there was a way to delete at once all the ones awaiting approval. the idea is that I approve the legit reviews, then have the option to delete the rest.
ultra1bob

Re: Review Product Blues

Postby cyoung » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Ultra1Bob,

There is a way to delete reviews in bulk, if you go to list of reviews, you can select a bunch of reviews, and click "delete", without viewing them. Or you can go to the list of reviews, search for review status - is - pending, select all, click "View", approve whichever you like, search again with same settings, select all, and click "delete".

If all 200 spam reviews are submitted in a span of a few minutes, then I would say the captcha was either off or had been defeated somehow, but if it's over the space of an hour or something, then it's just someone who is doing a lot of cutting and pasting.

Captcha isn't necessarily being bypassed. Captcha just prevents an automated process from submitting the form. It doesn't prevent an actual person from submitting spam.

-cyoung
cyoung

Return to Enhancement Requests