Log me out without warning

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Log me out without warning

Postby dnav » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Shopsite logs me out without warning. This destroys everything that I have been editing for the last hour. When I go to save the edits, Shopsite says that I was automatically logged out. Please do what the bank pages do before logging out a customer. Make a 10 minute warning popup. Or automatically save the page I am working on before logging me out. Thanks.
dnav

Re: Log me out without warning

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Note that you can increase the amount of time inactive in the backoffice (that is, without going to different screens in ShopSite, because ShopSite has no idea if you are still on the same screen typing in a text box for hours) in Utilities > User Accounts > Configure, this can be set to up to 24 hrs.

Regardless of what this is set to, if someone else (or you on a different computer or browser) login as the same user, your old login is immediately expired, so if you have multiple users accessing the ShopSite backoffice or if you need to login from different browsers/computers at the same time, then you should create separate User Accounts to do this.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to Enhancement Requests