Review Limits

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Review Limits

Postby peteuga » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:31 am

I would like to limit the number of reviews a customer can submit. For example if a customer has already left a review they will not receive an email asking for another review.

Background. Review services are expensive but google likes reviews. I send each customer a request for an honest review of my product in exchange for $5 off coupon on their next order. The problem is we are wholesale and most of our customers are repeat customers. The customers know to leave a review and get their coupon before placing their next order, which is ok with me. The problem is when someone reads the reviews they see "By Customer A" for a large portion of the reviews. This makes the reviews look fake since so many come from the same person. I'm sure google doesn't like it either.

Thanks
peteuga

Re: Review Limits

Postby gourmetdelights » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:40 pm

interesting, and makes sense.

I offer a 10% off coupon for a review, but only a few people have used it (people don't read and thus don't appear to see the coupon after submitting their review). The ones who do, know to leave the review first, as you point out. I'd be fine with them leaving more than 1, but I hear you on the "all the reviews from the same person looks fishy" so being able to limit it to 1, or 3, or some other small number chosen by us would be useful.
http://gourmet-delights.com
Exceptional Foods at Realistic Prices
We ship worldwide
FREE shipping to all US States, Territories, AP/AE
gourmetdelights

Return to Enhancement Requests