wholesale price

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

wholesale price

Postby lucky » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:49 pm

i am currently running mirror store for wholesale store. i basically need to maintain both stores. i would be nice if there is a wholesale price field and the option to publish wholesale products and pages with these wholesale prices.
My Shopsite Stores: wle.com, vdbaby.com, wingtsunusa.com, cubicmall.com ...
lucky

Postby ryan@ddm » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:04 am

Have you asked Shopsite about the "sister store" sync module? Makes maintaining a duplicate store for wholesale (like I do) a lot easier.
ryan@ddm

Postby lucky » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:08 am

did you mean "mirror store"? i've asked many times before the the only suggestion they provide is mirror store license.

how does your sister store work?
lucky

Postby ryan@ddm » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:22 am

the system works as follows:

You have a main store (licensed) and a number N of "sister" stores (each one requires a separate license). In the extra product fields of products in the main store, you can input tagged data - like a different price or different drop-down options, etc.

Then, a separate module is run which takes the data from the main store and populates the database of the sister store(s); thus, if you specified a lower price for a particular price in the extra product fields, the item shows up in the new store at the lower price.

I footed the development cost of this system; if SS makes it available to you, enjoy it :)
ryan@ddm

Postby lucky » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:09 pm

i still don't quite understand. some questions:

did you license a "sister" store or is it required?

i know about using extra field as "wholesale price" but i kind of using all these fields for other stuffs but i can recreate my template to yield an extra field for the wholesale price.

my question then is how i can publish two product pages for instance one is for retail and the other as wholesale.
lucky

Postby ryan@ddm » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:40 pm

You need as many shopsite installs as there are stores.

Example: my main store is in the /store directory. My sister store is a completely separate, stand-alone licensed install.

When I run the sync utility, the sister store is 'mirrored' - copied exactly from the main store. By entering tags in the extra product fields, I can introduce changes when the store is synced i.e. I can make the products in the sister store have different prices than in the main store, or different descriptions, or options, etc.

Thus, after sync, you might have:
www.mystore.com/store/theproductinquestion.htm
and
www.mystore.com/dealer/theproductinquestion.htm
ryan@ddm

Return to Enhancement Requests