Coupon Enhancement

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Coupon Enhancement

Postby kirkmac » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:49 pm

Would like to see an additional feature for applying coupons that allows you to only apply coupons to non-discounted merchandise. We currently offer a non-expiring 10% Off Entire Order coupon to rewards members. We also would like to send out monthly coupons offering 15% discounts on certain items in our store. We would like to allow rewards members to use the special coupon on the selected merchandise and their non-expiring rewards coupon on the rest of the order, but it doesn't look like you can do this.
kirkmac

Postby marcea » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:43 pm

Coupon improvement...how about the option to allow Only One Coupon Per Order (checkbox on each coupon created, so some could be allowed in multiples). So if we want to offer a 15% off to special customers, but announce a 10% off on the website, we would not have someone taking both.
marcea

Doesn't it?

Postby mltsy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:05 am

I'm pretty sure shopsite already refuses to accept 2 coupons in one order. It's a problem, because it has some bug where it temporarily displays as if it's charging the customer an extra few zillion dollars, but at least it doesn't let them type in two coupons as far as I know.

I would like the ability to *allow* two coupons at once.
mltsy

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:17 am

I would like the ability to *allow* two coupons at once.

Go to Merchandising -> Coupons -> Configure and uncheck the 'Allow only one coupon per order' checkbox and then click OK. Then shoppers can enter more than one coupon (must be different coupons, though, the same one can't be entered twice) in their order.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Coupon set-up

Postby FDWhitey » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 am

I went to Merchandising and I do not have a button for coupons? Any idea why?

Whitey
FDWhitey

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:30 am

I went to Merchandising and I do not have a button for coupons? Any idea why?

Yeah, it's because your store is ShopSite Starter. The Coupon feature is only in the ShopSite Pro product level. Talk to your hosting partner about upgrading to the Pro version.

Also, I noted that at least some of your order links don't work. For example, from this page:
http://www.getcertifiedquick.com/meshspecial.shtml
This is probably because of the 8.1 in the link URL, your host may have recently upgraded you to ShopSite Starter v8.3, so try changing the 8.1 part of your order links to 8.3 and that should work for you.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby FDWhitey » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:42 am

Loren -

Thanks for the quick reply! i will contact Fatcow and ask about an upgrade.

Matt
FDWhitey

Return to Enhancement Requests