Need Quickbooks gateway

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Need Quickbooks gateway

Postby Oldedit » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:02 pm

I'm desperate for a Quickbooks gatewate that allows customers to order ebooks for instant downloads and enters the order/sale directly into Quickbooks.

I'd also like to see a real clear article on this site on how to work with SS and gateways. Techie manuals are fine, but they leave me cold.
Total web site is in Shopsite. Also blog in Expression Engine and Run a vBulletin board. Looking for ways to sell more stuff.
Oldedit

Limitations of QuickBooks

Postby Barney Stone » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:11 am

As you plan your growth, keep in mind that QuickBooks is limited to 14,500 orders, customers and products. Even the Enterprise version of QB is limited to 30,000 of each. That's less than 100 orders per day to reach capacity in one year. It may be adequate for you now, but most successful ecommerce business will hit that limit before long, and then you are stuck!

The solution is to use a program like our Stone Edge Order Manager (www.StoneEdge.com/OrderManager.htm) to manage your daily operations - customers, orders, inventory, etc. - and just use QuickBooks for tax accounting and balancing your checkbook. The Order Manager sends daily summaries of sales, cost-of-goods, sales tax, shipping charges, etc. to QB as journal entries, to you never hit QB's capacity limitations. For more info, give us a call at 215-641-1837 or go to www.StoneEdge.com/OrderManager.htm.
Barney Stone, President
Stone Edge Technologies, Inc.
www.StoneEdge.com
610-994-3699 ext. 111
Barney Stone

Return to Enhancement Requests