33%
no
67%
Im Not sure
No votes

Total votes : 3

Confusing templates makes work hard

Postby fawn2002com » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:12 am

:roll: I would like to see a few changes made to enhance my shop site experience.
I would like to have a save button on the top of the Page. Carpel tunnel is setting in
I would like to Make Folders in my product folder page.
I would like my Product folder input page much larger This would make it easer to work in.
Scanning up and down to make sale price changes is just extra work.Maybe even a search element on the product page would make it easer to find a product when there are 1000s to choose from.

I would like My Clients to choose a product and choose a size with preset prices on a drop down menu .
IE 8X10 =50.00 11X14=100.00 Etc. Making one Page for I product with drop down menus to choose a set size with a pre set price would make things easer on me. I have 1 picture of a moose but I have 5 product pages of this 1 moose. Extra work extra time extra space, is not good for business.
Please Help..................:roll:
fawn2002com

Postby Jim » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:00 am

See my comments or questions marked with ***

I would like to have a save button on the top of the Page. Carpel tunnel is setting in
*** What screen are you wanting this on?

I would like to Make Folders in my product folder page.
*** What do you mean by "product folder page" ? What screen are you on where you would want to do this?

I would like my Product folder input page much larger This would make it easer to work in.
*** Again I don't understand what you are referring to.

Scanning up and down to make sale price changes is just extra work.Maybe even a search element on the product page would make it easer to find a product when there are 1000s to choose from.
*** The Pro level of ShopSite does have a search capability in the back office for products so I assume that you must be using the Manager level? Upgrading to Pro would give you this functionality plus lots more. You can see a comparision of features in different versions at
http://www.shopsite.com/scchecklist.html

I would like My Clients to choose a product and choose a size with preset prices on a drop down menu .
IE 8X10 =50.00 11X14=100.00 Etc. Making one Page for I product with drop down menus to choose a set size with a pre set price would make things easer on me.
*** There are 2 ways to do this. 1. Order Option Pricing (which was a Pro only feature but in version 8 it was added to Manager also). 2. Create each product size as a separate product with its set price and then assign the sizes to another product as subproducts. Then using a custom template you can display the subproduct in a dropdown list so they select the size they want and get the appropriate price.

I have 1 picture of a moose but I have 5 product pages of this 1 moose.
*** Do you mean you have a page for each size?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby fawn2002com » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:49 am

Communication would be so much easer over the phone.
I have shopsite with my web Hosting plan ( Bizland ) so I’m not sure if its
pro or manager or lite
when I am looking at my products. They are shown in a tiny window.
( Not Full Page) Not enlargeable
(( It should Be Larger) if I have 100 products I have to scroll up and Down to see them and forever to find one

In That tiny product page window, There is no way to create folders to organize my stuff.
If I have 100 products 30 are toys some are for 10 and under some are 18 or older 30 are clothes some are large some are small 10 are riffles some are CVA some are Thomson center and 30 are bath products some are blue some are red .
I have to scroll through all of that to find one towel that pink.
If I need to make sale price changes, this can take me all day. Making sale changes is not easy if you have 100s of products or more .

I f I could make Folders than all the bath product would be in the Bath folder etc. thus making it easier to scroll though
There should be a save button on the top of any page that can be saved. Some work requires small changes at the top as well as bottom.
Today, I noted I had left out one element on 100s of pages. The Change needed would have been easer if I could choose that one element on all those pages type in the One change ,click one button and the change would have been made on all the Pages. (( IE Logo) But No I had to do the pages in power edit one at a time. That took all day.

I just think your developers are much smarter than that.
As far as a drop down menu. I don’t html that why I pay Bizland.
So I think I menu Drop down list should be part of the Software and Not expected to be incorporated by your customers
I have Made 1 page for each price and each size. Why is that Not an Option when in the Page edit? This created 5 pages for each Item. That’s crazy

It would also be nice if you were to Create One more spot on your user forum page for HTML suggestions
That would be a place where smarter people Than me can list their HTML Improvements – suggestions on a separate page to share it with other customers like me.
Maybe even your developers can contribute to that
Thank you
Kathleen
fawn2002com

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:50 am

You can determine the version of ShopSite you have by clicking on the green ShopSite tab in the merchant interface of ShopSite and then looking at the text in the footer which should have something like: ShopSite® Pro 8.1, StoreID: mystore. The product level is listed right after ShopSite. It looks like you probably have manager since you aren't seeing some Pro level features.
You should look into upgrading to the Pro level of ShopSite as it would make managing your products easier. You would have the following features which would simplify what you are trying to do.
Global Power edit -- Allows you to select some or all of your products orp pages and by changing a single field make that change to all items in your store
Product Search in the backoffice -- You can search on key words like "pink" and find that one pink towel. You can search on a number of fields in the products such as name, sku, price, sale amount, on sale and much more. You could also select a number of items based on some search term and assign the item to a page.
Scrolling to look at the list of products would be minimized by having the search functionality availble in Pro.
DropDown menus are easy to create. You simply enter the options for the shopper to select from on individual lines like this example for various size and color T-shirts

small
med
large
xx large

red
blue
green
white

That requires no knowledge of html on your part, ShopSite will build the dropdowns for you.

In a Pro level store you can even have the price change for items by simply adding a ; and price increase/decrease to the end of the option. i.e. if xx Large costs $2.00 more you just add ;+2.00 to the xx large option
so the above example would be
small
med
large
xx large;+2.00

red
blue
green
white.

I don't understand this statement " I have Made 1 page for each price and each size. Why is that Not an Option when in the Page edit? This created 5 pages for each Item." Can you give a URL that has an example of what you are trying to explain?

If you would like to test the features of ShopSite Pro you can get a demo store at: http://eval.shopsite.com/cgi-bin/ssdemo ... edir=ver81

Also when working with large number of pages or products many merchants prefer to make changes to their stores using the database upload feature. They use a spreadsheet application like MS Excel or a database application to change prices or to assign products to pages etc and then upload the data to their store so that they don't have to edit each product individually in the ShopSite backoffice.

Html suggestions or questions can be asked in the User Forum section. There are lots of code examples already there as answers to previous questions. So if you have a specific question please post it in that forum or do a search to see if you can find the answer there.

Thanks for your suggestions. They will be considered for future enhancements.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Enhancement Requests