Build customized products into groups?

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Build customized products into groups?

Postby vintagelogos » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:33 pm

I am currently using the Shopsite pro. Does this software have the ability to build products into groups? For example: http://www.buildabear.com/ Go and choose a bear and add it to the cart. After you add it, now dress it in an outfit and add it to the cart again. Now start over with a new bear and do the samething again and dress it too. Now you can see that when you are in the shopping cart screen that it keeps all the items you choose for the first bear in group 1 and all the items for the second Bear in group number 2.

I need this function. I want my customers to be able to build a customized product and keep adding features to the product. I need the shopping cart to keep all items they choose in a group. This way they can add or subtract custom features they want.

If Shopsite cannot do this, can someone custom code shopsite to do this function? Or would I be better off using another cart (Any suggestions on other server side carts? Although I would rather stay with shopsite! - I use a Mac too )

Also this would be a great feature add on for shopsite?
Thanks
Shawn
vintagelogos

Return to Enhancement Requests