Merchant order notification emails.

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Merchant order notification emails.

Postby miliscent » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:34 am

I would like the ability to turn off order email notifications to the merchant email address without having to turn off for the customers as well. You should be able to turn each on/off independantly.
Last edited by miliscent on Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
miliscent

Postby loren_d_c » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:41 am

Do you mean when using the Order API? Because as far as I know that is the only place to turn off the email receipts.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby miliscent » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 am

I would like see options to turn either one off independantly, not just all or nothing. Mainly the merchant cc. I was thinking this should go under hosting settings where you set your merchant email address.

We get almost 500 orders a day and need to check for replies to the order receipts. The order cc's clutter up the mailbox and make this difficult. It seems crazy to have to setup an order api to email order receipts when all we want to do is turn off merchant order reciept notifications.

Another example would be for a store where I wanted to setup an autoresponder to any reciept replies. You can't just do that either because at checkout the merchant email address gets copied under the customers name/address and the customer subsequently receives the autoresponder even though they haven't replied.

Maybe I'm missing something... I guess the problem gets worse the better your store is doing so maybe it's a good problem to have :)
miliscent

Would this work?

Postby Randall » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:21 pm

For the mailbox clutter, your email client can probably route the Order Notifications to another folder, based on the email address, which you can change at Preferences/Hosting Service.

One flaw in that would be that if ShopSite is using this field to publish your Merchant E-ail Address elsewhere, that would get messed up.

You can change the cc that gets duplicate copies, but that would still leave the main mail in your mailbox.

I can't find a way to change the Notifications' subject line, but if there is (or could be?) a way to do that, adding a unique string would make them routable.

Don't know offhand if any of this would be relevant to your autoresponder situation.
Randall

Return to Enhancement Requests