retail account and wholesale account

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

retail account and wholesale account

Postby ihome » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:09 pm

Can Shopsite have this function: Some of the customers get retail price and some customers get wholesale price when they sign in?
ihome

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:44 pm

You can assign registered customers to a group and you can assign coupons to a group. When a customer signs in the coupons that are assigned to the group that they are in will automatically be added to the cart.

So If you create a wholesale group and assign a 25% off coupon to that group when someone signs in that you have assigned to the wholesale group they will automatically be given a 25% discount on their order.

You can assign coupons of various values that apply to different products so you could give 10% off on some products, 33% off on other products etc.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby thomas » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:42 am

This only works with a percentage discount. It doesn't work with a complete separate price list. I think both possibilities are nessessary.

Thomas
thomas

Re: retail account and wholesale account

Postby aisg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:25 pm

This thread looks pretty old, but I would like to put my vote in for having a field in each product for a wholesale price. Then based on the group the user logs in as, show the regular or wholesale price. In my case each product can have a different amount off the retail price. There isn't a formula where you can say the wholesale person gets 10% of everything. It would be too individualized to make that many coupons.

Support did give me a workaround for now using one of the custom fields and if that field is filled in, show that price, else show the normal price.
aisg

Postby virginiachocolate » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:40 am

I would also love this feature. I was thinking that it would work if you had it so a specific page could only get access with a customer login and password so that the retail customers cannot get into the wholesale page
virginiachocolate

Postby robm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 am

We actually recently released a wholesale module that does this. :)

http://www.lexiconn.com/ecommerce/shopsite/wholesale-module.html

Rob
robm

Postby aisg » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:45 am

And while I am still wishing. The wholesale people would need their own quantity pricing like the standard breakdown and the sale breakdown.
aisg

Return to Enhancement Requests