brochure request

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

brochure request

Postby thomas » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:50 am

I miss a request for an old fashioned printed brochure that the customer can order free of charge. As it's free of charge he should not have a full checkout process. I would prefer a separate database table, accessable also via the download API.

Thomas
thomas

brochure request

Postby ultra1bob » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:17 pm

I agree - I would like the option for free brochures, and, in our case, a free catalog.

I have a work-around where people can check a box for a free catalog, but it's hard to get the catalog without ordering a product. Hmm, I'll have to try and see if an order is required.
ultra1bob

Need Option to Send Free Catalog in ShopSite

Postby ultra1bob » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Catalogs are a great way to drive sales and ShopSite needs to provide the customer with the opportunity to request a catalog with the order they just made.

As I see it, the system would have to count it as an added item at no charge that would be included with the ordered items.

We use a system where the customer can check a box to receive a catalog with the order, but that notation is easily lost for the invoicing/packing people. The catalog request really needs to be easily visible as an ordered items.
ultra1bob

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:28 pm

Why don't you just make a $0.00 product that people can add to the cart if they want your free catalog, if that is the way you want to offer it (as a product)?

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to Enhancement Requests