Invoicing Customers Directly From Shopsite

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Invoicing Customers Directly From Shopsite

Postby savannahengraving » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:26 am

I do a lot of custom engraving work and I would love to be able to send a customer an e-mail with a link back to my site that has their order all ready to go. Right now I have to give them instructions on how to go to my site, pick the products that we discussed and then enter their specific amount in the variable price box. They shouldn't have to enter all that stuff especially if I've already been talking to them on the phone about it.

Let me know if you have any ideas. This shouldn't be a hard thing to accomplish. Just add an "INVOICE CUSTOMER" button and then you could select all the products that you want to invoice the customer for. An e-mail would be automatically sent to the customer and when they click on the link in the e-mail, they would be sent to the shopping cart where all of their stuff is ready to go and be paid for.

Thanks for your time.
Leif Ragnaldsen
Savannah Engraving
www.savannahengraving.com
savannahengrave@aol.com
912-484-8771
savannahengraving

Postby bakerman » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:32 am

I could see us using the same thing for quotes we send to customers.
bakerman

custom items... phone orders and booths at trade shows

Postby flyspray » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:19 pm

One thing that would be a work around for custom items and is mandetory for phone orders and to allow customers to use your computer at trade shows to enter their own order from your website.

The solution is to have the option to flush all cust data from cache by closing the conformation screen.

I do trade shows to promote and sell my product (Pyranha Insecticide products). If I have my customer use one of my display computers to enter an order... The data from the previous user is still in cache.

Not as critical but still a hassle is when I enter phone orders for people who dont have access to a computer.

If this issue can not be solved... I will have no choice but to use a different shopping cart.

gregC
www.flyspray.com
flyspray

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:44 pm

In preferences of the web browsers installed on the computers you use for the trade shows or phone orders, disable cookies.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Invoicing directly from ShopSitePro V8.3 & up.

Postby Jim Welch » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Please consider having ShopSitePro v8.3 & above generate an invoice suitable for mailing in a #10 window envelope. All data should be tabulated & be shown in the header of the invoice. The invoice may continue for all the items and cover several pages, but all pertinent data & totals would be recorded on the header of the first page.

The user should be able to format all of the data & constants in the header, including the placement of a logo or specific font & script for a familiar format. The Invoice should collect & print all normal data plus the total number of items, etc.

It should have all merchant info:
Co. Name, remit Address, tel, fax, e-shop, e-mail, contact, vendor #, EIN#, etc.

It should have customer data gleaned from customer input:
Complete Bill to & ship to names, addresses, po box numbers, tel#s & exts., fax#s, e-mail address, URL, Buyers name, Title/position/job, instructions, PO#s, etc.

It should have operational data: Ship via, PRO number, FOB, Taxable total, TAX rate & tax amount, e-shop invoice number, total items on order & total amount of order.

All above items placed on the header where the Bill to address on an "S" folded document would be displayed in the window of a #10 window envelope.

Below the header should be a listing of all items purchased, SKU#, class, price, qty., amount. There should be a setting for the user to select 1 item to fit on one line which would truncate the description, so that the invoice uses 1 line per item. This is at the user's option. Some users might only have one item, yet it may take several lines to present it.

When earlier carts were written, credit cards were the expected means of payment, but that is so last millennium. Customers may now need to use PO#s or pay by EFT, etc. I have dumped my old Storefront invoice data on to a spreadsheet & created this very thing.

My customers may buy dozens of times each year. The invoicing needs to be almost automatic, well spaced & presented, clear, complete, & concise. May I have an "Amen"?
Jim Welch

Postby bakerman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Coming back to this again. Are there any plans to add this feature?
bakerman

Return to Enhancement Requests