Tax Exempt Group Needed

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Tax Exempt Group Needed

Postby Specialty Graphics » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 am

We are looking to add a tax exempt group. We would manually put each customer who is registered as a tax exempt company into this group. However we can not find any way to make this group. It would make processing order much quicker for us. As of right now we have to refund tax for everyone who is listed as tax exempt, which is a waste of time and very unprofessional.
Specialty Graphics

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:59 am

If you are using the tax-by-zip tax method then you could set up a new 'Tax Exempt' zip code zone and add the specific zip+4 of your tax exempt customers to this zone and tell them that in order to have no tax applied on their orders they should use their specific zip+4 in the zip code field when they order. See:

http://support.shopsite.com/KBase/questions/2487/

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby Specialty Graphics » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Thats a great work around however you cant rely on the customers to do this on their own. The reason why I wanted the group is because it would automatically do this without them needing to enter something. Would this do that?
Specialty Graphics

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm

When I go to a store and want to get my purchase tax exempt I have to provide them with the tax exempt license from the state. If I don't do that I don't get the stuff exempt from tax. The same thing should happen on the web. It shouldn't be that difficult for a merchant to put in their 9 digit zip if they want to get items exempt from tax.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Specialty Graphics » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:20 am

No it's not that hard. And yes the people do have to show their tax exempt forms. They fax them to us and we keep a copy on file proving they are tax exempt. However the point in all this on why its not a good fix is we are making the customers do all the work here. We are trying to make our customer support better for them not harder. I appreciate your guys help but you guys don't seem to know how to help your customers, customers. I put this in the enhancement request because I didn't want a work around.
Specialty Graphics

Return to Enhancement Requests