Shipping Cost Estimator on More Information Page

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Shipping Cost Estimator on More Information Page

Postby beley » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:01 am

I think it would be a huge boost to conversion rates to have a shipping cost estimator on the more information page...

It could just be a zip code box with a submit button that ran the shipping calculator and popped up a window with estimated shipping options.

I think this would be a great new feature that we could add to the more info page with a template tag...
Brandon Eley
Certified ShopSite Designer
beley

Also dropship zip code feature

Postby 88man1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 am

I think this shipping calculator would be a good idea. I also think it would be great if we could enter the "ship from" zip code in shopsite backend for each product and then have the UPS rates calculated based off that.

I have products dropshipped from at least 7 different states. Currently, I'm limited to entering one ship from zip code. So, I have to add handling charges to try and get the shipping charges "close". It works most of the time, but it could be better. Worst scenario is when a customer from a neighboring state of mine orders something from me. Shopsite / UPS think it's shipping from me to the customer just one state over. Actually, the item is dropshipping all the way across the country.

With dropshipping becoming more popular, this would be a great addition to shopsite and would make my shipping calculations much easier and more accurate for me and my customers.
88man1

Postby hotlobstah » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:34 pm

Yes-customers like to know what shipping costs are in advance-this would be a teriffic feature
hotlobstah

Freightcenter.com

Postby directexchange » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:15 am

Freightcenter.com has an automatic HTML code that you can paste onthe more info pages. It's very easy to use. Try it out. I will start using it on my website as well.

I have tested it out a few times and it works fine. The only thing is that you have to paste on each More Info page that you want to use it for.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Kris
directexchange

Return to Enhancement Requests