Tiered Offers for Coupons

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Tiered Offers for Coupons

Postby MichelleC » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:12 pm

POSTED originally at users forum. Re-entering, submitting official enhancement request.

We used to have a site domain and webstore hosted by Amazon; and we could use their coupon/promotion tools to create Tiered Promotions.
Can we get this in ShopSite?

Example: Offer in email is a Tiered discount- $5 off order of $25, $10 off order of $75, $25 off of order of $100
We have had good response- the customer sees value and they get to "pick" their "reward" for shopping. Helpful to site marketing as it can drive more cart activity- higher sales average.

Currently, with Shopsite, we can only set up distinct codes per offer. It would seem confusing to send three separate codes in an email offer...you can say a shopper would be motivated and would enter the right code- but really, we all know how fast everyone moves. Moreover, they are used to only entering one code and having the site's cart software do the calculation. (just saying- that is the end user's perspective)

Seems like Shopsite's cgi could handle it (follow If Then logic-- If total is = to $25.00 or more then discount is $5 for example)

Here is how Amazon handled the logic:
Claim Code: LTN8IOO8
One Redemption Per Customer: Yes
Claim Code Combinability: Exclusive
Qualifying Items: Entire catalog
Qualifying Items Display Text: Qualifying Items
Payment Methods: All payment methods
Promotion Tiers: Tier -- Discount
at least $25.00 and less than $75.00 -- $5.00 discount
at least $75.00 and less than $100.00 -- $10.00 Discount
at least $100.00 -- $20.00 Discount

I think many ShopSite users on Pro and Enterprise level would like this flexibility and enhancement, especially with tightening overall ecommerce market. Email promotions and marketing are a low-cost way for us to drive sales, reward loyal customers and reach new customers.

Thank you for reviewing this, considering the request...also- any chance we could hear about a timeframe/expected release we could see something like this? thanks.
MichelleC

Postby dortchjm » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:45 pm

I would also like to see this functionality added to ShopSite.

Janice
dortchjm

Re: Tiered Offers for Coupons

Postby JimNL » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:21 am

Yes! Please implement this!
I would run this type of promotion quite frequently if available.
I have run it in the past with multiple coupon codes, but this just causes confusion and problems. I end up having to walk a customer through this or making refunds after the order is placed incorrectly.
JimNL

Postby koryb1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Yes, this is a sorely needed feature.
koryb1

Postby gourmetdelights » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:37 pm

great idea
http://gourmet-delights.com
Exceptional Foods at Realistic Prices
We ship worldwide
FREE shipping to all US States, Territories, AP/AE