Cart add SKU quantities IN Cart View

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Cart add SKU quantities IN Cart View

Postby MichelleC » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:36 pm

I would like to request this enhancement= this seems to be the industry standard for many years now.

We were very disappointed to learn we could not have this math happen in Cart View-
Example: Customer places Widget A, Quantity 1 in cart. Continues Shopping.
Place Widget B, Quantity 2 in Cart; Continues shopping, thinks hey- that was a great price on Widget A, Go to Product More Info page for Widget A, clicks on add 2 to cart, then goes to view cart-
The Cart insists that the SAME, identical sku be added as a separate line item.
Would like to see it just add the two additional Widget A to the total in Cart=
ONE line item, Widget A, Quan. 3 now.

We currently get frequent complaints from customers with current setup- they think it is confusing and don't understand why "we" don't just add all like items together for them.

Related: That order history be linked - Every time they log-in to their account and review order history, they always want to click on prior purchases- they feel this is the only advantage to seeing what they have ordered previously- so they can purchase it again quickly.

I receive these requests in email several times a week- and these are the dedicated customers who bother...i don't have insight into those who just go away, dissatisfied with their user experience.

Please- can this enhancement be introduced? THANK YOU!
MichelleC

Postby mtgotraders » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:22 am

I would also like to see this. It's causing some problems with a 3rd party software solution I use.
mtgotraders

Thats a good one!

Postby RedSyntax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:32 am

That feature would be great. It is a common cart function users expect.
RedSyntax

Return to Enhancement Requests