Add Multiple Items With One Add Button

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Add Multiple Items With One Add Button

Postby dortchjm » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:04 pm

I would like to see the capability to add multiple items to the cart with one add button. I had this functionality in a previous cart so I know it's possible. I do not care to use sub-products as it's too time consuming to maintain.

I sell shirts and other clothing in multiple sizes and colors. I would like to be able to select one color from a pull down, then have a table of multiple sizes, then click the add button once and all pop into the cart.

Normally I sell to groups who are buying multiples of the same thing and sizes range from kids to adults. It's a pain entering one size at a time, I've had customers hang up on me because it takes too long for ME to do it over the phone and they get fustrated doing it themselves. Especially since my old website had the functionality.

Janice
dortchjm

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:13 pm

This can already be done in ShopSite using a custom page and product template. There are sample templates in the help at http://www.shopsite.com/help/10.0/en-US ... i-add.html

From that basic template you can customize it to have other options that you need.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby dortchjm » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:24 pm

What I want is to have multiple quantity boxes, one for each size.

By using the suggested method, I would have to put each size as a sub-product. With hundreds of products and each having an average of 10 sizes, that's a whole lot of sub-products to key in and maintain.

Janice
dortchjm

Return to Enhancement Requests