Backend product search using "null"

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Backend product search using "null"

Postby psldesigns » Thu May 07, 2009 7:37 am

I would like to be able to search the products database (internally) for fields that are empty (one example is price). Less then doesn't work, nor does equals. I'm guessing we need null as an option here. This would greatly help as I am a webdesigner and maintain 18 stores. Thanks.
psldesigns

Postby Jim » Thu May 07, 2009 8:14 am

The price field in the database is a number field and will always have something in it. If you leave the field blank it will be filled with 0 so you can do a search for product where "Price" "is" 0.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby psldesigns » Thu May 07, 2009 8:27 am

Nope, that didn't work. Verifed with Rob & Jason at Lexiconn (the host for this particular site) who verified with ShopSite that the only way to get 0 or missing fields is to download the database and sort by price. It would be much easier if i could do it internally in the backend. Searches by 0, 0.00, <.01 all produced no results.
psldesigns

Re: Backend product search using "null"

Postby john powell » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:05 pm

This post is old but I'd like to add that this functionality is still sorely lacking in 2015. Lexiconn just indicated that the only way to search by "null" or "Blank" for any given field is to download the inventory file to spreadsheet and sort.
john powell

Return to Enhancement Requests