Mobile Web accessible templates

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Mobile Web accessible templates

Postby webpharmacy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Mobile Web accessible templates Or a mobile accessible CSS

With code in the template that recognizes the type of device people are searching on and provides the appropriate css for screen resolution.

Mobile phone search is only going to increase for e commerce price comparison.
webpharmacy

Re: Mobile Web accessible templates

Postby dZi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:13 am

Or at the very least....

Although Mobile Devices account for approximately 1% of our stores traffic the increased usage in both the iPad and other "Touch" devices and Tablets that are optimized for simple UI's are increasing. It would be great if Shopsite could throw together a really basic mobile template for us to build upon. Maybe even set it up so it creates a page at m.yoursite.com so we don't have to purchase separate stores. Maybe this could be a PRO feature.
dZi

Postby reyhopper » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:20 am

I think that is a good package for mobile devices. A good web template for mobile is a great deal. This one is very useful and interesting for using mobile web.
reyhopper

Postby blamb2320 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:19 am

It also needs to be device sensitive - switching to the mobile template for mobile devices, sticking with the standard template when it senses a regular machine. I am experiencing a 75 - 78% bounce rate for mobile, so this is a very important enhancement as far as I am concerned.
blamb2320

Return to Enhancement Requests