Coupon suggestion

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Coupon suggestion

Postby Peter Gregg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:48 am

Just updated to Pro from manager and did an email blast using the Coupon as incentive to order.

Got the most orders ever from one email blast - yeah!!!

NOT ONE PERSON APPLIED THE COUPON - what, do i have the dumbest customers in the world??? Now I have a mess on my hands and have to hand refund each person a 10 or 20 percent amount.

I think the coupon window in the shopping cart needs a little help by doing the following:

Have an option to remove the wording under the coupon window and have a button there that says APPLY COUPON - which would essentially be another Recalulate button for the coding of the cart.

The coupon box is on the right of the screen, the words are pretty small that say to press Recalculate, and the recalculate button is on the left side of the screen. I think that is too clumsy. A simple APPLY COUPON button in the same window with the coupon code box would be better.

Peter
Peter Gregg

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 am

If they have entered one, the coupon will be submitted when the shopper clicks the checkout button. They don't necessarily have to hit the recalculate button. But some people just don't pay attention to what is on the screen.
You can also create links for the coupons so that all they have to do is click on the link and it will be entered into the cart.

There is an option on Commerce Setup > Order System > Shopping cart to "Display coupon button" Do you have that checked? It may be that the template you are using ignores that field so you might need to tweak the template a bit.
Jim
Site Admin

coupon problem on email distribution

Postby flyspray » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:21 am

I have created solution to this issue with coupons.
This is a software package that is for sale.
I did check with shopsite before making this post.

Software offers 3 different scenarios for giving links to potential customers.

Oneclick: Link takes buyer directly to shopping cart with both product and coupon applied…
To shop for more products on your site buyer will have to click on continue shopping.

Twoclick: Link takes buyer to More information page. Both coupon and product is in shopping cart.
Buyer needs to click on checkout or on other links to continue shopping.

Threeclick:
Link takes buyer to Page where product is located with other products. Coupon is added to cart. Product can already be added to cart or not… User selected.

In all three programs… coupon is in the shopping cart when buyer visits your site. NO extra action on buyers part is necessary to redeem coupon.

If you are interested in this program please contact me.

Greg Cunningham
Sales@flyspray.com
888 359-7772
flyspray

Return to Enhancement Requests