suggestions

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

suggestions

Postby theqc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:38 pm

I have a few suggestions.
Some may be requested by others, but i did not see all of them in the forum area.

I know people have requested to ship by zip code...
Is there or will there be a version where i can do this?
I want to be able to have different shipping ZONES have different shipping prices...thanks

And, an editable invoices and packing slips. Where I can go in and change the order items and/or quantity of items so it is neat and clean instead of me handwriting on the orders when totals are different.

And in the shopping cart I have an option (but i had to put it under the surcharge area) about if "their demand does not meet our supply", what would they like to do...
--Cancel,
--replace
--send what we have
etc

Is there a way I can have an extra area for this and do it without having it under the surcharge? because then it looks like a fee area.

O yea, I know there is a way to make them choose a state, but if I do this, other countries cannot sumbit without choosing a state.
Is there a way for both? Not a huge deal b/c i can figure out the state easy enough with my mail system, but just wondering...

Thanks!
theqc

Postby BFChris » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:17 am

Good suggestions. To address:

1) I assume you mean different SHIPMENT ORIGIN zip codes (ie. for different products)? If so, this is currently only possible via a custom shipping API. It is a great area where Shopsite could enhance its program.

2) Editable Invoices/Packing Slips....also a nice request. A workaround for now might be Lexiconn's Order Status module, which does now allow editing of orders once submitted:

http://www.lexiconn.com/ecommerce/shopsite/orderstatus.html

3) If you have Shopsite Pro, you could probably put this in a Custom Checkout field, assuming there is no cost involved and you are just asking the question on a per-order (not per-item) basis.

4) State. I strongly prefer having the state field required. Just add a listing to the state list for "outside USA--no state" to cover people who don't have one.
~~Barefoot Chris
--------------------------------
Barefoot Chris Web Design
www.barefootchris.net
BFChris

suggestions

Postby theqc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:41 am

Thanks fro the great info!
I will try these.
As far as the shipping, I mean that when I ship from MN where I am to IA; compared to AK or HI I can have different prices since the costs of shipping vary.
Thanks!
theqc

Postby BFChris » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 am

Well, using real-time shipping rates (from USPS, UPS, etc) would account for any differences in rates due to shipping zones.
~~Barefoot Chris
Barefoot Chris Web Design
www.barefootchris.net
BFChris

Return to Enhancement Requests