Cart Layout Option

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Cart Layout Option

Postby rmouser » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Here's a suggestion for the cart layout.

Instead of having the update and delete buttons right next to each other to the left of each item in the cart, I think it would be better to have the update button to the left of the item (near the quantity field) and the delete button to the right (all by itself).

This would leave the update button where it is most needed and move the delete button far away to avoid accidental clicks of delete instead of update.

This would also allow for larger buttons with pictures (I'm imagining a big red X for the delete button, but have not figured out a good picture for the update button).

Thanks,

Richard
rmouser

Postby existdissolve » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:39 pm

I agree--the way that ShopSite rolls this functionality is a little clunky--I wish I had ALOT more control over the positioning (and existence) of the items on the cart layout.

Anyway, for this particular issue, I simply use CSS to hide the update button and then use the main Recalculate button to handle the update functionality for the whole cart. Given that the individual and main recalculate buttons do more or less the same thing, this felt like a good compromise.
existdissolve

Return to Enhancement Requests