Sorting of products on Search Results and Product Pages

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Sorting of products on Search Results and Product Pages

Postby websiteproducer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi,

Would love to see the ability to give products a score for example so they end up at the top of the search results (or product pages) ...

All products would start with a default of 10, if you give it a 9, it would be on top of the 10s, 6 even higher and so forth.

I know you can manually "arrange items" on a page but that takes a long time when the category has 100s of products and there are dozens of pages.

Right now it seems to sort by product ID, first in, first up ... should at least be the other way around ... Last in, first up ... or be a preference somewhere.

Thanks for listening.

--Will
Apollo Online Inc.
websiteproducer

Postby Jim » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 pm

You can specify priority for each field that is being indexed. That should result in searches with the highest priority items at the top.

Preferences > Search Settings > Search Indexing
Jim
Site Admin

Postby websiteproducer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 pm

I see that ... I have the name as 10 for highest relevance and others lower ... but that is too general, I need it to be specific to certain products ....

... well now that I think about, now that v10sp1 has 25 'Extra' fields, maybe one of them can be called RELEVANCE, I can give it a score and have that be the highest relevance and have the name be second ....

would that work?

--Will
websiteproducer

Return to Enhancement Requests