Need help with payment Gateway

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Need help with payment Gateway

Postby WLCC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:05 pm

We recently moved our hosting to Ipage.com. A major reason of this is because of the ShopSite cart option they offered. I discussed with a sales person the need to integrate the cart with Quantum gateway. We were told that it would work. Unfortunately it does not.

We would love to have the ability to use our current merchant account through CDG commerce and the Quantum gateway, The main reason is it by far the least expensive gateway we have found, and util SHotpsite it has perform and integrated as needed flawlessly.

It has the ability to emulate Authorize.net and it would work flawlessly if the Quantum Gateway could be added as a gate way. It works just like authorize .net with just the few minor changes as I outlined above, or if we could simply change the setting under the Authorize.net setting. By this I mean change the host address, the Port and the Authorization Script setting. In the shopping cart we used previously this is what we did and it worked perfectly.

I have discussed this with Ipage, and they do not believe this is possible, so I am writing to see if you know if it is possible to make these changes, or to see if the Quantum Gateway could be added to the ShopSite cart. as a gateway option.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Burton Robertson
WLCC

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 pm

The settings file for authorize.net is anet.aa and is located in the store's data directory. This directory may or may not be accessable to the merchant. You could try modifying the settings in that file to what is needed by Quantum gateway and see if it would work but thee is no guarantee that it will.
Jim
Site Admin

What software am I editing with

Postby WLCC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Do I need any special software to edit this file or will a basic text editor work?

Also can you please just send me that file so I can take a look at it and make the changes and then just have Ipage post up the changed file.

You can e-mail to me at vicepresident@windlake-wi.org

Thanks in advance for the help and the file if you can send it!

Burt
WLCC

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Any text editor.

Again, you would have to have access to the ShopSite Data Directory on the server to get at the anet.aa file. So if you don't have that kind of access, you may have to ask your host to edit it for you, or email it to you to make the edits and you send it back, whatever.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby WLCC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Loren_d_c

OK here is the deal... Ipage won't give me access to edit the file but the will edit it for me if I tell them what to edit... It is pretty hard to edit the file or know what I need to edit without seeing it... Kind of like try to operate with your eyes closed!

I have all of the data from Authorize .net and Quantum to know hoe to make this happen I just don't how it is all laid out, etc... in the anet.aa file.. If I can see the file I can then verify what changes need to be made and walk the Ipage Tech through the process of making the changes.

The previous shopping cart we used let me make all of these changes in it's control panel... it is just the way ShopsSite has these parameters hard coded and uneditable that make this process necessary...

Hope this make sense....

Basically if I can get a copy of the anet.aa file I can check it against what I net it to read to be able to work with the Authorize.net parameters but send it to the Quantum Gateway.

When I get this done I will be happy to share it with you, in the event you would like to add this to your cart in the future and offer another option for gateways...

Thank you agian for the help
WLCC

Postby m2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 pm

This is from an anet.aa file (a few tokens munged)

x_email_customer: FALSE
SECURE_SOURCE:
ANET_DETAILS:
x_currency_code: USD
ANET_HOST: secure.authorize.net
ANET_KEY: Explode[munged]
ANET_TIMEOUT: 60
ANET_ID: [munged]
ANET_PORT: 443
x_merchant_email:
x_description: credit card payment
ANET_ACGI: /gateway/transact.dll
CVV2_REQ: checked
ORDER_TRXTYPE: AUTH_ONLY
BILL_TRXTYPE: PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE
CVV2: checked

m2
Mike Masin, atStuff LLC
http://m2.atstuff.com
m2

Postby robm » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:34 pm

One of our clients uses Quantum with ShopSite. Here is what they have.

Code: Select all
x_email_customer: FALSE
SECURE_SOURCE:
ANET_DETAILS: checked
x_currency_code: USD
ANET_HOST: secure.quantumgateway.com
ANET_KEY: xyz
ANET_TIMEOUT: 60
ANET_ID: xyz
ANET_PORT: 443
x_merchant_email:
x_description: ShopSite Order
ANET_ACGI: /cgi/authnet_aim.php
CVV2_REQ:
ORDER_TRXTYPE: AUTH_CAPTURE
BILL_TRXTYPE: PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE
CVV2:

They key changes appear to be "ANET_ACGI" and "ANET_HOST". :)
robm

Thanks RobM & M2

Postby WLCC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:20 pm

I am assuming the Munged data is where I will enter my ID & Key from my quantum Control Panel details correct?

Thanks again,

Burt

"I only know enough to make myself dangerous" :P
WLCC

Postby robm » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Yes, you would enter your Quantum information in the ShopSite backoffice for the ID and Key. If your host makes the changes to the anet.aa file for the gateway host and CGI path, that should make it work.
robm

thanks... I'll let you know...

Postby WLCC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:10 pm

When the changes go through I'll run a test and then I'll post to let everyone know how it went...

thanks again
WLCC

Re: want a gateway on my site

Postby jennyparsons » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:31 am

I want a gateway on my site by which I can recieve payment through all major credit and debit cards in india and i dont want paypal!!
http://www.fetchflow.com/blog/authorize-net-invoicing
www.fetchflow.com/blog/authorize-net-invoicing
jennyparsons

Return to Enhancement Requests