Order in shich coupons are applied

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Order in shich coupons are applied

Postby mjbrunelle » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:51 am

It would help if we could specify the order in which coupons are applied.

Example: We give certain customers free shipping on orders over 300.00 after their discount is applied.

Unfortunately now, if we set a coupon price discount, and a free shipping discount coupon at 300.00. The free shipping is applied on the order total before the discount is applied.

This results in the system executing the free shipping on orders that do not meet the agreed upon dollar levels.

MarkB
mjbrunelle

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:05 am

I don't believe that there is a way around this within ShopSite. However, instead of doing a free shipping coupon, you could setup the free shipping feature, which does allow you to specify if it is looking at the subtotal or the full order total before applying free shipping. You can setup this feature by going to Commerce Setup > Shipping.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby bakerman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 am

I agree that this should be an included feature. As more discount options for customers are created there should be a way to control which order the discounts are applied.
bakerman

Re: Order in shich coupons are applied

Postby mjbrunelle » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:50 am

Exactly, you cannot set up the free shipping through the commerce module because it applies to all customers. To be customer specific it needs to be per coupon and the coupon assigned.

Free shipping needs to apply to the order total after all other discounts are applied.

markB
mjbrunelle

Return to Enhancement Requests